One of the great things about academies is the freedom that academy status gives.
At Payplus we’re accustomed to working with brand new academies, schools going through the conversion process and established academies alike, so we understand the academy life-cycle inside out.
Academy status allows you significant freedom in planning your curriculum and making decisions on how you spend your budget. This means is that you can now make choices that weren’t possible before, for example, outsourcing your payroll.
Because we specialise in payroll in the education sector, we know that the likelihood is that you have various grades, scales and salaries in operation at any one time, as well as Teachers Pension Scheme and Local Government Pension Scheme contributions to manage. This mix of different scenarios can become an administrative nightmare, particularly now with the introduction of Real Time Information.
It is for these reasons that outsourcing your academy payroll makes great sense.
At Payplus we can do as much or as little as you need us to in relation to your payroll processing. Here’s a summary of the things you might like us to do for you:
- Set up your academy bank account if it’s not already set up.
- Create your BACS facility, to enable your employees to be paid directly into their bank accounts.
- Register your academy with HM Revenue & Customs for PAYE.
- Close off your old payroll scheme and set up your employees as new starters on your new scheme.
- Import your data to our system, using our specialist software.
- Work with you to make sure that the right grades, scales and salaries are applied to every member of staff and that they’re paid on time, every time, guaranteed.
- Take over the management of your Teachers’ Pension Scheme (TPS) as well as your Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS) contributions, reporting and returns, which will include the closing off of your old scheme and the starting of your new scheme.
- Process your payroll and be available for you if you need us or if your staff needs us.
- Prepare and provide your payslips in either paper or e-format, whichever you prefer.
- Prepare and present the reports you need to keep your finger on your payroll pulse.
- Take responsibility for your RTI reporting.
By doing these tasks for our academy clients, we allow them to invest their time doing what they do best; running their academies. We can do the same for you. If you’d like to explore the possibilities of outsourcing your academy payroll, why not get in touch? We rather suspect that you’ll be impressed by our understanding of how academies work, as well as what we can do to help make running your academy easier.